Kingdom of Westmarch was established by the Helmsworth Dynasty which conquered and unified the Eastern provinces of the continent (Northshire, Darkshire and Southshire).
It is a feudal monarchy ruled by the Crown which owns all of the land in the Kingdom. The monarch grants fiefdoms to the Lords of Westmarch in exchange for loyalty and service. Each of the Lords is a high born aristocrat who oversees a province, and has their own feudal vassals.
Landsmet is the assembly of the Lords, their vassals, as well as landed gentry and Knights which may be called to either ratify or veto King's decree. The Landsmet also sets the rules of succession and gives the Lords an ability to petition the king, or seek grievances against the kind for unfair treatment.
The Kingdom of Westmarch is divided into provinces. Each province is a fiefdom of a Lord. Lordship is a hereditary title typically granted to Westmatch Barons, Counts or Dukes.
- Kinglsand set aside for the Crown of Westmarch, currently held by House Helmsworth
- Nam ruled by House Aledril
- Greendale ruled by House Pelton
- Orle ruled by House Lacroix
- Fairmount ruled by House Wayland
- Riverdale ruled by House Ravensworth
- Southshore ruled by House Fairmouth
- Eastvale ruled by House Leighmont
Westmarch cities are their own feudal domains separate from the provinces. Each major city (except for Highport) is ruled by a Governor which is a non-hereditary title granted by the Crown and equal in status to that of a Lord.