Appointment of a minister to an existing position, or creating a new ministry must be approved by the Senate.
The number of ministries have changed over time with a number new ministries added and few removed. The most notable defunct ministry that has been liquidated was Ministry of Death when the Senate passed a ban on Necromancy in 9417.
The current active ministries are as follows:
- Ministry of Trade - oversees trade and industry and the guilds
- Ministry of Treasury - oversees the city finances and budgetary concerns
- Ministry of Defense - oversees city defenses, maintenance of city walls and training and recruitment of Fynwell Cityguard
- Ministry of War - oversees the city's offensive capabilities, most notably The Fynwell Army, the Fynwell Navy and Fynwell Legions
- Ministry of Agriculture and Fisheries - regulates the fishing and agriculture that supplies the citizens with food
- Ministry of the Interior - oversees city planning, zoning expansion and building permits
- Ministry of Public Works - oversees pest control, maintenance of aqueducts, sanitation concerns, maintenance of street lamps, burial sites and public parks etc..
- Ministry of Faith - regulates religious holidays, building of shrines and temples
- Ministry of Magic - oversees magical and alchemical trade, regulates magic use, permits and exceptions
- Ministry of Justice - appoints Arbiters, Justicars and Magisters, oversees the recruitment and training of Fulcrum agents