Harlan Underford was born in the 6th Ward of Dog Fenn, the run down, disreputable quarter of the great city of Fynwell. He joined Thieves Guild at young age as this was the best career path out of the slums. He did a few successful minor jobs until the disaster in the Lichford Hills district.
The job that did him in was a four man burglary run on a mansion owned by the Karlsberg family commissioned by Grunslik Tar of Flyside. Tar was interested in certain rare works of art. The heist went very badly, as Karlsberg men knew the thieves were coming and set up an ambush. Two of Harlan's co-conspirators died. Redbeard Pete, the other survivor, was convinced Harlan was the snitch who sold the team out to Karlsbergs.
Karlsberg family kept things quiet for a while, but armed men have been seen in Dog Fenn asking about "a Badger" and "a Redbeard". Supposedly they want them alive for questioning.
Grunslik Tar was angry, not just because of the failed the job, but also because he does not want Karlsberg's men to know about his operations. He knows that they have ways of extracting information out of people. Not that anyone involved in the Lichford Hills job knew anything of importance. But for Grunslik, it's better to be safe than sorry.
Harlan really hates rats.
- Member of the Thieves Guild (street name Badger)
- Operative for R.A.D. (Research Analysis and Development dept of the Academy of Magics), code name Sparrowhawk.
- Baronet of Westmarch with feudal fealty to Dione Helmsworth.
- Member of the Cousins
Family, Allies and Contacts
- Helga Underford: mother, lives in a small hovel on Thistle Bend in the 6th ward of Dog Fenn. She cooks and serves at the Rocking Horse tavern on Ashpit Cove.
- Herb Underford: elderly uncle. Owns a small tannery business in Flyside.
- Gideon, Finn and Sorcha: childhood friends from Dog Fenn. Gideon and Sorcha are fellow Thieves Guild members. Finn went legit works at the Fish Market. He has a wife and two kids and rents a place on Sheyburn Lane.
Items and Treasure
Harlan carries the following items and weapons:
- A hand bow named Ghorza
A short sword named Squiggle
- An Elven Dagger hidden in his left shoe
- A set of six thrown daggers
- An Alchemical Vial
- The Arbiter, a magically imbued short sword
- The Messenger Ring given to him by Marius Verman
- Some Implanted Memories seared into his mind by Lichard
I found this animal, can you tweet Richard?
Since learning Tasha's Hideous Laughter, Badger has been moonlighting as a comedian. His jokes have about a 50% success rate so far with his targets, he may want to consider keeping his day job.
- To Broblin, "Hey Goblin, where does a king keep his armies? In his sleeveies!"
- To the bugbear, "How do fish go to war? In fish tanks!"
- "What does the goblin say when he can't grab the fog? Mist."